Manchester Airport Security Information
Want to speed up the process? Opt for Manchester Airport security fast track!
Please also note that FastTrack is not available at the Ground Floor security area in Terminal 1. If you are a Jet2 passenger checking in at Ground Level and want to use the FastTrack service, please make your way upstairs to Main Check-In and follow signs for Departures where the FastTrack lane is located.
Manchester Airport Hand Luggage – What you can and can’t pack
Below we have answered some of the more common questions about hand luggage allowances, icluding what not to pack, to stop you getting caught out at security!
In addition to the above;
- All items of luggage which do not fit in the permitted cabin baggage size must be checked in to be placed in the aircraft hold.
- Musical instruments which do not fit in the permitted cabin baggage size are allowed as a second item of cabin baggage; they will need to be screened and passengers should check with their airlines if special arrangements (e.g. purchasing an extra seat) for these large instruments will be required.
- Laptops and other large electrical items (e.g. a large hairdryer) have to be removed from cabin baggage and screened separately.
- Pushchairs, walking aids and wheelchairs are permitted but will be screened.
- Each passenger may carry only one such bag of liquids. The bag must be presented for examination.
Liquids that can not be placed inside the re-sealable bag must be packed into the hold luggage and checked in. Liquids of any amount can still be carried in luggage checked into the aircraft hold.
Medicines and Baby food
Duty free / departure lounge purchases
- You may take on board liquid items of any size that are purchased after the security check in the Departure lounge.
- Remember to retain your proof of purchase throughout your journey as you will be required to show it at all transfer points if applicable.
These are the requirements set down by the Department for Transport. Airlines and Airports may have additional measures in place. Passengers are strongly advised to check the website of their carrier or airport before travelling.
Hand Luggage – Restricted Items
If items are confiscated at security control you will not be compensated and, with the exception of unusual circumstances, the confiscated items will not be returned.
Syringes that are needed for diabetics and other medical reasons will only be allowed in hand luggage if you can prove the medical necessity. You may wish to phone the airline in advance to find out what they require as proof of your medical condition.
All Luggage – What Not To Pack
Manchester Airport Security – Prohibited Items
|Flammable liquids and solids||Oxidisers|
|Organic peroxides||Gas cylinders|
|Infectious substances||Wet car cell batteries|
|Instruments containing magnets||Instruments containing mercury|
|Non-safety matches, fire lighters, lighter fuel||Paints, thinners|
|Poisons, arsenic, cyanide, weedkiller||Acids, corrosives, alkalis, caustic soda|
|Creosote, quicklime, oiled paper||Radioactive materials|