Duty Free and Tax Free
If you are flying outside the European Union you are entitled to your full allowance of goods at Tax and Duty Free prices.
If you are flying within the European Union you are entitled to Tax Free prices on fragrances, cosmetics and skincare; photographic and electrical goods; fashion and accessories; gifts, jewellery and souvenirs.
Duty Free Allowance / Tax Free Allowance
Allowances from an EU country:
Technically you can bring in an unlimited amount from the EU, if you are transporting them yourself and you only intend them for personal use. However, if you are carrying over the below amounts, you will probably be asked some questions by the customs officers.
- 800 cigarettes, or 400 cigarillos, or 200 cigars, or 1 kg of smoking tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine e.g. port or sherry
Allowances when arriving from a non-EU country:
You must bring them in by yourself and they must be for your own use.
- 200 cigarettes, or 100 cigarillos, or 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still table wine
- 1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22% volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine, sparkling wine or other liqueurs
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods including gifts, perfume and souvenirs (£270 if arriving by private plane or private boat). If you go over this amount you will have to pay tax.
Manchester Airport has Duty Free shopping in all terminals; look for “Biza” in departures in Terminals 1, 2 and 3. It is also available in Terminal 1 Arrivals.
Collect On Return
For those passengers flying within the UK and the EU, you can do all your shopping at the airport, but store it safely for collection once you return from your trip! No worries about space or weight limitations.
If you are travelling to non-EU countries (see below), you can make greater savings on your duty free shopping.
- The Canary Islands
- The Channel Islands (including Jersey and Guernsey)
- Belarus (including Minsk)
- All of Africa
- All of Asia and the Middle East
- All of Australasia
- All of North America, Central America and the Caribbean (including Canada, Mexico and USA)
- All of South America