Facilities for Those with Special Needs
Manchester Airport endeavours to ensure its facilities are available to all passengers, including those that are visually or hearing impared or otherwise disabled. The airport offers:
- Aviation and Airport Services appointed by the airlines to provide services for disabled passengers.
- A wide cross-section of staff have received training in sign language.
- Inductive coupler system built into all public telephones.
- Signs to assist passengers who may be deaf or hard of hearing.
- A minicom system +44 (0)161 489 3561 available at the Information Desk, in Terminal 1 International Arrivals.
- Those with hearing aids with a 'T' position can receive enhanced announcements over the public address system when standing close to the induction loops indicated by the ear symbol.
- Special vehicles are provided to convey non-walking passengers and their companion and/or attendant.
- Designated parking facilities, adjacent to lifts, are available in the multi-storey car parks at all three terminals.
- Ramps and lifts are provided throughout the Airport. All lifts have tactile buttons and voice synthesisers.
- Telephones with good accessibility for wheelchair users are available throughout all three terminals. A public text payphone is situated in Terminal 1 International Arrivals.
- Specially designed toilets can be found in most areas of both terminal buildings and are clearly signposted.
There are marked bays near the lifts in all Short Stay car parks for disabled visitors and passengers. A wheelchair service is provided by airlines and should be requested at the time of booking your flight or holiday arrangements.
Disabled parking bays are also available in all Long Stay car parks, close to the entrance or reception area. A fully accessible bus service offers transfers to and from the car park. If you need assistance, please use help button facilities located at the barriers and Pay Stations. For more information please contact the airport on +44 (0)871 310 2200 providing your dates of travel, car registration number and disabled badge number.
Manchester - CRT
Our Tranport Services:Airport Transfers
Disabled Taxi Services
Disabled Minibus Services
Colin Rea Transport specialise in transporting and supporting passengers with special needs. Manchester based, we are an ideal option to those needing additional assistance getting to or from the Airport. We have a Fleet of Vehicles always available; 4-16 seaters, all of which are specially adapted to carry wheel chairs. We offer a 24/7 Meet and Greet service from the Airport and all Transfers come with Fixed Prices. Visit our Website for any additional information.
Tips for Disabled Air Passengers
You should compare the arrangements offered by different airlines before making your booking and be sure to check whether the cost of any special assistance is included in the price of your ticket.
Inform your airline of your particular needs in good time and check the policy of your airline if you wish to remain in your own wheelchair to the aircraft door rather than transfer to an airline wheelchair at check-in.
Remember that there are often long walking distances within airports and that this may cause you to require assistance. Pre-arranging any necessary assistance will ensure that it's available and that no time is lost in waiting for it to be arranged once you arrive at the airport.
For comprehensive information about disabled air travel visit Flying with Disability.