Air Travel Checklist
So, are you ready to take your trip? Have a quick glance over our list below to make sure you’ve got all of your essentials!
- Confirm flight reservations, transfers and any other travel arrangements
- Check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for up-to-date issues relating to the country you’re travelling to
- Get vaccinations if needed. Be sure to do this in plenty of time – don’t leave until the last minute
- Ensure your visa / ESTA is valid if required
- Check In and Pre-book your seats on the plane
- Confirm with your airline if you’ll be carrying any medical or mobility equipment.
- Notify the airport / airline of any special assistance or dietry requirements
- Tickets and boarding passes if you’re using printed ones
- Travel insurance documents
- Driving license
- Phone / tablet and charger
- Local currency cash or card
- Credit or debit cards
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- Phrasebook or guide book
- Magazines, books, games / music player*
- Glasses / contact lenses
- Change of clothes* – just in case!
*Especially if travelling with children as they prove to be a great distraction!
- Electrical adapters or extension cable
- Photocopies of all important documents (passport, insurance and visas) packed separately from the originals
- Suntan lotion and all other larger liquid cosmetics
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent