So, are you ready to take your trip? Have a quick glance over our airport checklist below to make sure you’ve got all of your essentials! You want to be as prepared as you can be!
- Confirm flight reservations, transfers and any other travel arrangements
- Check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for up-to-date issues relating to the country you’re travelling to
- Get vaccinations if needed. Be sure to do this in plenty of time – don’t leave until the last minute
- Ensure your visa / ESTA is valid if required
- Check In and Pre-book your seats on the plane
- Confirm with your airline if you’ll be carrying any medical or mobility equipment.
- Notify the airport / airline of any special assistance or dietry requirements
- Tickets and boarding passes if you’re using printed ones
- Travel insurance documents
- Driving license
- Phone / tablet and charger
- Local currency cash or card
- Credit or debit cards
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- Phrasebook or guide book
- Magazines, books, games / music player*
- Glasses / contact lenses
- Change of clothes* – just in case!
*Especially if travelling with children as they prove to be a great distraction!
- Electrical adapters or extension cable
- Photocopies of all important documents (passport, insurance and visas) packed separately from the originals
- Suntan lotion and all other larger liquid cosmetics
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
I need help packing!
Not sure which bag to take on your next trip? Head over to this guide on how to pick the best bag for your trip For pros and cons on taking a suitcase, backpack or hand luggage. Speaking of hand luggage, if the though of travelling so light scares you a little, you need to read this article on how to travel with just your hand luggage successfully!